This week we...
- celebrate Mr. Yusuph's birthday. His birthday was last Friday, while we were all away.
- continue our work on our play scripts. We'll show our plays off to the rest of the grade 5 classes on Friday, 9 JAN
- started our new Guided Reading groups. New books, new teachers, new student combinations.
- launch into our next unit of Inquiry: How the world works - An inquiry in the natural world and its laws; the interaction between the natural world (physical and biological) and human societies; how humans use their understanding of scientific principles; the impact of scientific and technological advances on society and the environment.
- begin our new unit in math - Unit 5: Fractions, Decimals and Percents. For homework tonight, complete the work you didn't do in class (p. 121 and 122).
- carry on with Math Mates. Term 2 Sheet 8 due on Thursday, 8 JAN.