- ISAs Monday and Tuesday. Prepare to write on those mornings!
- Math Mates Term 1 Sheet 5 due Friday, 2 OCT. We'll correct Term 1 Sheet 4 on Monday.
- Speed Tests on the 4 times table, as well as 2-4 times tables.
- Assembly on Friday.
- Grade 3 - 5 morning trip to Secondary on Wednesday, 7 OCT. Students will receive a permission slip on Monday, with instructions asking parents to drop students off at Secondary between 7:10 and 7:30 that day. Please have them returned right away.
- Niko's last day on Friday! :(
For homework this week...
Math: - 4 times tables! Study them for your speed tests
- Term 1, Sheet 3 due Friday
- I have extra Math if you want it. So far I've only had one student ask for it.
Reading: - Most groups have been emailed their homework.
- Mr. Nonato's Hoot group: sorry I didn't have time to meet you today - I'll talk to you on Wednesday.
Spelling: - Keep collecting those words.
- Write a sentence that describes the definition of each word (you should have 10) that you collect. eg. if your word is "hockey." your sentence could be "Wayne Gretzky scored a goal while he played hockey today by shooting the puck into the net with his stick."
Trichology: - Get your parents to check if you have lice!
Thanks to everyone for donating your time, material, and energy to the bake sale. The bulk of the money used will go towards having lunch with the Mikumi Village School children before we take them out on a game drive.
Apologies for not having any photos of the event - all 5N hands were busy selling their goods or collecting money.
Our big trip happens on Wednesday, 9 SEP. Remember: Meet at Gate 7 at 7:00 on Wednesday! For more info on our trip, please check out our earlier blog post with the Mikumi trip slideshow here. If you have any medication to bring, please bring it in to school early next week (before Wednesday, if possible).
Math: Math Mates Term 1 Sheet 2 will be corrected on Monday, 7 SEP. If you want extra math work, I have some ready, so let me know. Term 1 Sheet 3 will be assigned, but won't be due until long after Mikumi.
Folk Tales and Fact Files: EITHER your Folk Tale OR Fact File will be due on Monday. BOTH will be due by Tuesday, so we can enjoy them on our trip.
The great Serengeti Highway debate will take place Monday.
Have a great weekend!
This blog will be taken care of by the 5N teachers and students .