What to Pack
- Packed lunch for Day 1
- Non-perishable healthy snacks for Days 2 -4 in a sealed bag or plastic container so as not to attract animals (Please note: the meals are sufficient)
- Clothing that can be layered – enough clothing for 4 days; students are expected to change clothes daily. (t-shirts, sweater, long, comfortable pants, shorts,
- Sneakers/walking shoes, closed shoes for around camp
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products, deodorants but not perfumes or colognes as they attract bugs) Students will be expected to wash everyday.
- Towel for hike and swimming
- Insect repellent and sunscreen (please put names on these)
- A couple of good books
- Pencil with eraser and a pen
- Personal medication (malaria pills if necessary). Please hand this to the class teacher before leaving on the bus.
- Swimming suit/towel/goggles if wanted
- Water bottle and small lunch bag for snacks
- Small backpack or bag to bring onto bus for snacks, water, etc. This bag will be used for the hike so please ensure it is appropriate.
- Small change (no more than 10,000Tsh)
Optional but Useful
- MP3 with headphones for the ride to and from Mikumi
- Games (cards etc)
- Bird and wildlife identification books
Students will be expected to take full responsibility for personal items
please label everything with your child’s name